FIDI Import Customs Guide ARGENTINA
Last updated on 04 December 2022
Removal goods - Argentine Citizens Returning
Foreigners holding temporary visa (except tourist one)
▪ Customs is imposing since mid-2016 additional intensive controls for all import and export moves. Consequently, inspections with anti-narcotics dog teams have become mandatory for all shipments.
Clearance depends on the availability of these dog brigades.
▪ Argentine MFA link where you can get the details of Argentine representations abroad:
▪ Physical Inspection handling charges will apply for all private shipments arriving by Sea or by Land (Not applied for Diplomats).
▪ Estimated charges as follows:
▪ LCL: USD 600
▪ 20FT: USD 800
▪ 40FT: USD 1000
▪ 40HC: USD 1200
▪ Foreigners with a Temporary Resident Visa must import the move under temporary
admission, as follows:
▪ The items must be guaranteed (bonded) for the duration of the visa or a period
determined by Customs when the shipment is released; the Bond and the temporary admission must be renewed before the expiration date.
▪ The goods must be guaranteed by a local insurance company through a Póliza de
Caución (Insurance bond).
▪ If at the expiration date of the Guarantee the visa has not been renewed, the goods
must be re-exported before the expiration date of the Guarantee and the
visa. If a Permanent Residence Visa has been obtained, the goods must be
nationalized the Guarantee will be cancelled without paying taxes or duties.
▪ The Bond system is applicable for all moves arriving by sea, land or air.
▪ This regulation just applies for dogs and cats.
▪ For any other animals, please check before shipping.