Moving Industry 2023 · 10 trends you need to know about
1. “Normal” Is the New Trend:
The overall outlook for the moving industry has the appearance of getting back to pre-pandemic norms. The Covid-19 years were one big, long, busy season for moving. Now that the housing market has calmed in most areas as interest and inflation rates rise, moving has followed its lead.
Long-distance and international moves are still elevated as folks get situated with hybrid and remote work schedules.
2. Increased Use of Technology:
Moving companies are leveraging technology to streamline their operations and provide better customer service. This includes online booking systems, tracking systems, and mobile applications that provide customers with real-time updates on their shipments.
3. Moving Towards Automation
The Covid-19 years have put moving customers and movers on the same team. Covid brought social distancing, and with that came the need for moving companies to adapt. Their answer was to eliminate the in-person estimating process and allow the consumer to make a video of their homes and possessions to obtain a quote—the more accurate the video, the more precise the estimate. Expect to see more and more moving companies heading towards automation in the coming months and years, if they haven’t done so already.
4. Moving Costs Will Stabilize:
The prices are back down to where they were before Covid. The supply chain is still a little bit of an issue but has lightened up. That’s good news. Prices should continue to drop or at least stabilize as the industry regains its footing in normalcy.
5. Focus on Sustainable Practices: Moving companies are becoming more conscious of their environmental impact and are implementing more sustainable practices. This includes using green materials and energy-efficient vehicles to reduce their carbon footprint.
6. Greater emphasis on customer service: Companies are placing a greater emphasis on customer service, offering new services such as packing and unpacking, furniture setup, and secure storage.
7. Rise of Self-Service Moves: Self-service moves are becoming increasingly popular with customers looking for a more affordable and convenient way to relocate. This involves customers packing and loading their own belongings onto a truck that is then transported to their new home.
8. Growth of Virtual Moving Services: Virtual moving services are becoming increasingly popular with customers who are looking for a more convenient and cost-effective way to move. These services allow customers to manage the entire moving process online, from packing to unpacking.
9. Increased Demand for Specialized Services: Customers are increasingly looking for specialized services such as pet moving, piano moving, and international relocation. Moving companies are responding to this demand by offering these services at an additional cost.
10. International Moving Will Continue
With the rise of popularity in remote and hybrid work, more people are free to roam—and that’s what they’re doing. Expect the trend to move from one country to another to continue during the year to in-demand destinations like Europe, Australia and Mexico.
SOURCE: TRANSPACK ARGENTINA, FORBES HOME