Step 6 Communication and Monitoring
This step focuses on maintaining smooth and effective communication throughout the entire international moving process, ensuring coordination, continuous monitoring, and efficient issue resolution. Here are several key aspects highlighted below:
1. Continuous Coordination: The moving company at the origin point must maintain constant communication with its counterpart at the destination point. This involves sharing up-to-date information regarding the cargo's status, transportation progress, and any unexpected changes that may arise. Continuous coordination ensures that both parties are aware of any challenges and can take immediate action to address them.
2. Tracking and Monitoring: By using real-time tracking technology, moving companies can monitor the exact location of shipments throughout their journey. This not only provides peace of mind to clients but also enables companies to take proactive measures in the event of delays or logistical issues. Real-time visibility is especially valuable in international moves, where factors such as customs and weather conditions can impact delivery times.
3. client Communication: Keeping clients informed is paramount. Moving companies should provide regular updates to clients on the status of their move. This includes confirming the delivery date, responding to inquiries, and notifying clients of any changes to the schedule.
4. Problem Resolution: In the event of unforeseen problems, such as customs delays or adverse weather conditions, having a robust contingency plan is paramount. Moving companies should be prepared to efficiently handle these challenges and proactively communicate any impact to the client.
5. Data Recording and Documentation: A comprehensive and detailed record of all communications and documentation related to the move must be kept. This includes tracking records, contractual agreements, billing, and any customs documentation.
6. Post-Move Evaluation: Once the move has been successfully completed, it is important to conduct a post-move evaluation. This involves gathering feedback from both the client and the internal and external teams involved in the move. This feedback can help identify areas for improvement and strengths in the international moving process.
SOURCE: Transpack Argentina